Kerala SCERT Class 8 Social Science Chapter 1 Early Human Life Question Answer Solution Here. Kerala Board Class 8 Students can find Here 1st Chapter Early Human Life Notes provide by our Teacher. Important Question Answer from Chapter 1 Early Human Life.
- Board- Kerala Board.
- Class – 8.
- Subject – Social Science Part 1
- Chapter – 1.
- Chapter Name – Early Human Life.
- Topic – Question Answer Solution.
(A ) Answer the following question :- (marks 1)
(1) What was used as fuel for lighting in caves?
Ans:- Animal fat
(2) How does they make the colours which they were used in painting?
Ans:- The colours were made from mixtures of plant extracts and powdered laterite.
(3) ________ is a remarkable remarkable site of India .
Ans. Bhimbetka in Madhya Pradesh .
(4) Write the name of some of the Palaeolithic sites of India ?
Ans:- Bhimbetka, Narmada valley, Nagarjunakond, Hunsgi, Kurnool caves .
(5) Which type of tools were used in Mesolithic age ?
Ans:- small stones with sharp points .
(6) Write the name of some of the Mesolithic sites of India ?
Ans:- Bagor (in Rajasthan) and Adamgarh (in Madhya Pradesh).
(7) What is known as the Neolithic age ?
Ans:- After Neolithic age , man began to use polished stone tools . this period is called the Neolithic age.
(8) What were the major crops at Neolithic age ?
Ans:- wheat, barley, jute, different kinds of tubers, paddy, plantain etc .
(9) _____ is a major Neolithic site in Kerala .
(10) Edakkal caves located in ______.
(11) The lake village in _______ is an example of the ecological progress of the Neolithic man.
(12) Write the names of some Neolithic sites of india?
Ans:- Edakkal, koldihwa ,maski, hallur, chirand etc.
(13) _______ was a transition period from the stone age to the metal age .
(14) Write the name of some chalcolithic sites of India ?
Ans:- Mehrgarh,Eran, Jorwe, Chandoli, Ahar etc.
(15) From where the evidence for human life in the Neolithic and the charcolithic ages have been discovered?
Ans:- Catalhoyuk in Turkey .
(16) Which is the major charcolithic site in Indian subcontinent?
(B) Answer the following questions:-
(1) which type of pictures drawn by Palaeolithic people inside the caves?
Ans:-Among the pictures—
-Most of them are pictures of animals.
-Group dance pictures.
-The hunting process.
(2) What information about their lifestyle can be obtained from their dressing
Ans:- From there dressing we found some characteristic of their lifestyle. The characteristics are—
-They collectively engaged in recreational activities.
–They hunted animals like boar, bison etc.
-They mainly lives in caves.
(3) Write about the hunting techniques of the Palaeolithic humans?
Ans:- The hunting techniques are –
–The Palaeolithic humans hunted collectively.
–The stronger among the group lead the group.
–There was no gender difference in hunting .
— For hunting, they mainly used weapon made of stones.
— They also used bones of animals, ivory, pieces of wood etc .as weapons.
–The bones of animals were used as needles for sewing.
(4) Write about the technological advancement or development of early humans ?
Write about the technological development Palaeolithic age people?
Ans:–Stone statues were made
-Human figures were moulted from clay.
-Vessels were knitted out of bark fibre.
-Ornaments of Ivory,Bones,Stones ,and shells were made.
-Flute like wind instruments were made out of bones.
-Pictures were drawn on the bones and horns of animals and on cows and rocks.
(5) Write down the progress in human life during the Mesolithic age ?
-They domesticated dogs.
-Began settled life.
-Bow and arrows were used for hunting.
-Began to exchange food, tools, ornaments etc ,
-Logs were tied together and used for navigation etc.
(6) What is the “Neolithic revolution” ?
Ans:- After the beginning of the Neolithic age there is a major progress occurs in agriculture and cultivation. The change from food gathering to food production is a landmark in the history of human life. Environmental changes, scarcity of food, population growth etc .are pointed out as the major reasons that led to cultivation man began to cultivate and settle down in the river valleys. Gordon childe, the historian termed these change as “Neolithic revolution”.
(7) Who is Gordon child?
Ans:- Gordon child, the archaeologist and historian ,was born in Australia. His researches now provided a great many information about the pre-historic period.
(8) What were the technological progress obtained in the Neolithic age?
Ans:- -> the technological progress are –
–They made pots of clay
–Sharpened and polished stone tools were used
— Raft were used for water transportation
— Ornaments were made of stone, wood and bones
— Wooden handled stone assets and sickles were used
— Clothes made out of jute fibres were seen using needles fashioned from bones.
— Harpoons and fishing hooks were used for fishing etc.
(9) What is Jarmo?
What do you know about Jarmo?
Ans:- Jarmo is northern drag is on important site that provided evidence for life ,in the Neolithic age. The ruins of several mud huts have been discovered here. These huts had stone foundations, sun-dried brick wall and sun- dried roofs. The people of Jarmo engaged in agriculture. They stored food grains and exchanged the same.