Karnataka State Board Social Science Social Science Class 7 Chapter 1 Vijayanagara Empire Exercise Question and Answer.
(1) FILL IN THE BLANKS:
(i) Lakkanna Dandesha.
(v) Percy Brown
(2) QUESTION AND ANSWER:
(1) Founder of Vijayanagar the son of Sangama called Harihar, Bukka Raya, Kampana, Marappa and Muddappa.
(2) Dynasty ruled Vijayanagara are –
(i) Sangama Dynasty (1336 – 1485)
(ii) Saluva Dynasty (1485 – 1505)
(iii) Tuluva Dynasty (1505 – 1567)
(iv) Aravidu Dynasty (1570 – 1646)
(3) Devaraya II (Prauda Devaraya) was the Famous king of Sangama Dynasty.
(4) Krishna Deva Raya was the famous and greatest king of Vijayanagara.
(5) Rakkasa Tangadi who took place on 23rd January of 1565 CE.
(6) 1/6 of land revenue was major income for Vijayanagara, and also the trade tax, profession tax, road tax, fair tax, export tax and tribute in cash are other income.
(7) Deepavali and Dasara were celebrated in Vijayanagara kingdom.
(8) Main crops grown in Vijayanagara are – rice, maize, sugarcane and cotton.
(A9) Musical creation of Krishnadevaraya are –
– Jambavati Kalyana
– Madalasa Charitam, and
(A10) Foreigners who visited Vijayanagar are –
– Abdul Razak
– Domingo pacs,
– Percy brown
(A11) Important temples from Vijayanagar kingdom are –
Kalyana Mantapa of Virupaksha temple,
Hazara Ramaswamy temple,
and Shringeri’s Vidyashankar temple.
(Q3) Discuss and answer:
(A1) Krishandevaraya’s Conquests: Krishandevaraya was an emperor of the Vijayanagara Empire who reigned from 1509 – 1524. He is the third ruler of the Tuluva Dynasty Presiding over the empire at its zenith, he is regarded as an icon by many Indians.