Haryana SCERT Class 4 English Chapter 5 Solution – Wake up. Here in this post we provides Class 4 English Wake up Haryana State Board Solution. Haryana State Board English Class IV Medium Students can download this Solution to Solve out Exercise Questions and Answers.
Haryana State Board Class 4 English Chapter 5 Wake up Solution:
Tick (√) the right options.
1) The speaker wants the reader to
a) sleep on
b) wake up (√)
2) The birds are singing
a) in the trees (√)
b) in the room.
3) The day is
b) lovely (√)
it’s much too late to
a) do homework
b) lie in bed (√)
Answer the following questions.
1) What are the birds doing?
Ans: – The birds are singing in the trees.
2) Why does the speaker ask the late-riser to wake up early?
Ans: – The speaker ask the late riser to wake up and come to play.
3) What is suggested by the phrase ‘sleepy head’?
Ans: – The word sleepy head means that the reader is still sleeping according to poet.
4) What is the poet trying to suggest in the poem?
Ans: – The poet trying to suggest in the poem to wake up early and play outside or to do exercise.
Look at the following pairs of words.
Day: – play;hen: – men;
Talk: – walk;run: – fun;
These words end with the similar sound. They are called rhyming words. Now pick out more such words from the poem which end with the similar sound. Then, write two more words of your own which end with the similar sound.
|words||Rhyming words||Two more words|
1) In the phrase ‘a lovely day,’ ‘lovely’ is a describing word (adjective) because it describes the noun ‘day.’ Now pick out two more phrases from the poem ‘Wake Up’ and separate the describing words from the nouns they describe. Add two more examples to this list.
|Phrase||Describing word||Naming words|
|The buzzing bees||Buzzing||bees|
|The tiniest chicken||tiniest||Chicken|
2) Now complete the sentences by using verb+ ing form of the verbs given in brackets.
1) I saw a __running_________ train yesterday. (run)
2) He read the news with a __smiling_________ face. (smile)
3) I saw a ___swimming________ duck. (swim)
4) She touched the ___burning________ candle. (burn)
5) We bought a __washing_________ machine yesterday. (wash)
III) Now complete the sentences.
Q : Who is taller, Ruby or Deepa?
A : Deepa is ____taller___________ than Ruby.
Q : Who is shorter, Ruby or Deepa ?
A : Ruby is ___shorter than Deepa_______________
Q : Which balloon is bigger?
A : ______Green balloon is bigger_______
Q : Which balloon is smaller?
A : ___Blue balloon is smaller___
1) Arrange the following activities in the order you generally do after you wake up.
take breakfast;brush teeth; go for a walk
go to school;take a bath; take exercise ;
read the newspaper; pray to God; go to washroom ;
wish your parents;
Ans: – The correct order is
- Pray to god.
- Brush teeth.
- Go for walk.
- Take exercise.
- Go to washroom.
- Take a bath.
- Take breakfast.
- Read the newspaper.
- Wish your parents.
- Go to school.
II) Now describe in a paragraph how you spent your last Sunday.
Ans: – Do yourself.