Question and answers :
1.) What are vitamins ?
Answer :- Vitamins are essential substances, required in small quantity.
2) What is mean by disease ?
Answer :- When person feels uncomfortable than normal then it is called as disease.
3.) What is deficiency ?
Answer :- Any nutrient when not taken in sufficient amount then it is deficiency.
4.) What is malnutrition ?
Answer :- Protein deficiency called malnutrition.
5.) Deficiency of vitamin A ?
Answer :- Night blindness
6.) Deficiency of vitamin C ?
If person eats all types and all varities of food that means taking a balanced diet then it called as healthy person, but when any person fails to eat an enough amount of food or eat a single food every day, under such conditions that person might be able to meet diseases. The person can face weakness, dehydration and feel uncomfortable, so this condition called as disease deficiency.
What if our daily diet lack all these nutrients ?
- A nutritional deficiency will occur when body don’t have enough amount of nutrients
- Deficiency means lack of nutrients such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals etc.
- Deficiency can be defined as the health problems such as weakness, malnutrition mean protein deficiency, heart, brain problems etc.
- A person will face different types of diseases.
- As we studied the list of nutrients and their sources but if these nutrients are low in body then various types of diseases we may face, so lets start with study of nutrients and their deficiencies.
Nutrients are those substances that required to work normally. These nutrients are divided into 2 types such as
1.) Major nutrients : The nutrients which needed in large amount. For example : Carbohydrates, fats, proteins. Lack of this major nutrients leads to diarrhea, weakness, weight loss, low hemoglobin.
Diarrhea, low mental health
|Fats||Skin and brain disease and vitamin deficiency|
Muscle waste, weight gain, low hemoglobin
2.) Minor nutrients : The nutrients which needed in small amount. For example : Vitamins and minerals.
Minerals such as Calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron and zinc.