Class 8 Science Lesson 1 Inside Question and Answer NCERT & CBSE Board Here in this post. NCERT Class 8 Science Textbook Lesson 1 Inside Questions.
- Grade: VIII
- Lesson 1 Crop Production and Management
Q.1 Fill in the blanks.
(1) The cutting of crop after it is mature is called ——–
(2) The supply of water to crops at regular intervals is called——-
(3) The crops which are sown in the rainy season are called—–
Ans- Kharif crops
(4) The crops which are sown in winter season are called——
Ans- Rabi crops.
2 very short answer
(1) What is crop? Give examples .
Ans- when plants of the same kind are cultivated at one place on a large scale it is called a crop. Example- crop of wheat, jawar, barli etc.
(2) What are the two types of crops?
Ans – there are two types of crops like kharif crops and Rabi crops.
(3) Give any two names of agricultural practices.
Ans- there are various agricultural practices like preparation of soil, sowing, irrigation and harvesting etc.
(4) What is ploughing?
Ans- the process of loosening and turning of the soil is called tilling or ploughing.
(5) What is irrigation? Give names of sources of water for irrigation.
Ans- the supply of water to crops at regular intervals is called irrigation. Sources of –irrrigation are wells, tubewells, ponds, lakes, rivers, dams and canals.